Community is the heart of our bakery.
We believe that being successful means being a good neighbor and a good steward of the environment. That's why we partner with so many worthwhile organizations—donating our time, our products and our expertise.
We are especially proud of our work with those who normally would not have an opportunity to learn new skills, including formerly homeless and recently paroled Philadelphians. We believe that job training is key to fighting poverty and homelessness.
In addition, supporting local growers, local food movements and the "shop local" movement are causes that have been of paramount importance to us for 20 years.
Please join us in supporting our partners:
- Mastery Charter School - Mastery is a non-profit charter school network serving at risk children in the Philadelphia region.
Farms / Providers
- Farm to City - Philadelphia program uniting communities, families, and farmers year-round through good locally grown food.
- Fair Food - Organization dedicated to bringing locally grown food to the marketplace and to promoting a humane, sustainable agriculture system for the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op - Nonprofit organic farmers cooperative of 75 farmers in Lancaster County Pennsylvania serving Eastern Pennsylvania, New York City, and the tri state area by connecting the farmer and customer.
- Highland Orchards - Farm in Chester and Lancaster counties with over 200 growing acres offering beautiful produce.
- Project H.O.M.E - Nonprofit organization that provides housing and services to end the cycle of homelessness in Philadelphia.
- H.O.M.E. Page Cafe - An internet cafe within the Free Library of Philadelphia staffed by formerly homeless teens and adults. A joint project between Project H.O.M.E. and Metropolitan Bakery.
- Friends of Rittenhouse Square - Preserves, protects, and beautifies Rittenhouse Square. Rittenhouse Square is part of the Fairmount Park System, operated in partnership with Philadelphia Parks & Recreation.
- Center City Residents Association - Non-profit, volunteer-led organization devoted to making Center City a better place to live, work and play.
- Metropolitan Gallery 250 - A non-profit gallery where emerging artists can show their work, supported by the local food and business communities.
- Fresh Artists - Philadlephia’s Fresh Artists is an innovative, child-centric solution that helps sustain art programs in schools despite massive budget cuts. Children create art and donate their work to corporations and other organizations in exchange for financial contributions that keep art programs alive in our most under funded schools.
- Bennett Composting - Provides environmentally conscious removal of organic materials and serves the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Recyclebank - Rewards people for taking everyday green actions with discounts and deals from thousands of local and national businesses in the United States and United Kingdom.
- Rittenhouse Row - Founded as independent outgrowth of the Center City District in 1997. The 501c6 non-profit represents more than 200 businesses in the Rittenhouse area of the city.
- Reading Terminal Market - Historic public market with over one hundred merchants offering fresh produce, meats, fish and groceries.