Celebrate artichoke season with this great salsa...
Makes 3 cups.
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (6-ounce) jar artichokes in olive oil, drained
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ cup Atalanti green olives, pitted
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly group black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, process the basil and garlic until the garlic is minced. Add the artichokes, roasted pepper, olives, Parmesan, and walnuts; pulse 2 or 3 times, just until the ingredients are combined. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper, salt, and oil; pulse just until the ingredients are coarsely chopped. Serve on Metropolitan bread or crackers.
You don't have to be a master baker like Metropolitan's James Barrett to make delicious French-inspired delights at home. Here are several favorites—some savory, some sweet—adapted by James for the home chef.